REGULATIONS FOR THE «HOME CREDIT TENGRI ULTRA 2018» UlTRAMARATHON
- Goals and objectives
- Development and promotion of mass sports;
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle;
- Increase of participants’ athletic skills;
- Domestic and international tourism development.
- Race organizers:
Public Association «Extremal Athletex»;
Race preparation and realization direct management:
Timur Artyukhin – Race Director;
Vadim Vinokurov – Executive Race Director.
- Time and venue:
Competitions are held on May 6-7, 2018 in Almaty Region, Republic of Kazakhstan. Start and finish in the Tamgaly Tas, Ili River Valley.
- How to get to the start line:
- Almaty is the biggest city from the start place. There is an international airport. Shuttle is available. Shuttle fees are paid separately, round trip is 4000 KZT.
- Shuttle schedule:
Departure from Almaty: May 6, 2018 at 1:00 PM from crossroad of Baytursynov and Satpayev streets (Astana Hotel).
Departure to Almaty: May 7, 2018 at 8:30 PM from Tamgaly-Tas.
To order and pay shuttle services navigate to the race official website: tengriultra.kz
- Race format (general information):
Competitions are held in three distances (for choice):
- 15K (Elevation 250m), cut off: 4 hours;
- 35K (Elevation 650m), cut off: 7 hours;
- 70K (Elevation 1450 м), cut off: 12 hours.
- Steppe countryside. Individual Score Event. Participant should take all necessary equipment and nutrition on his own; there will be several checkpoints/food points during the race.
Winners are categorized by genders and age groups as follows:
- 18 — 35
- 36 — 50
- 51 — 60
- 61 +
- All distances are certified by International Trail Running Association (ITRA) and marked with an alarm tape and other visible elements.
- Requirements for participants:
- Age policy: at the time of start participant should not be under 18 years old; there is no upper limit for age restrictions;
- We strongly recommend that all participants undergo a medical examination and have insurance in case of unforeseen circumstances;
- Competitions take place in a remote mountainous countryside and potentially are not safe;
- Participating in race, the participants assume responsibility for their health and all possible risks associated with participating in competitions and release organizers from any material, civil or criminal liability in the event of physical or material damage incurred by them in the course of direct participation in the race;
- At the race bib distribution every participant signs a race organizers liability release application;
- Health certificate is not a must, but recommended.
- List of necessary equipment which participant take with him/her during the race:
|Charged Mobile phone in waterproof cover, and saved race organizers phone numbers.||+||+|
|Water Reserve, total:||0,5 l||0,5 l|
|Sunscreen and regular cream||+||+||+|
|Nutrition (gel, dried fruits)||+||+||+|
- ! At any point of the race, the organizers may claim any of mandatory equipment. Shortage of mandatory equipment is 1 hour penalty of the finish time.
- Race profile features, food stations.
>Distance 15K: Start from Tamgaly Tas – Run on a dirt road in the north direction – after 2.5 km of descent from the road further run in a hilly terrain outside the roads-a food station (there is an electronic point item), a turning point – run along a dirt road to the finish (finish at the start point, in the race camp).
> Distance 30K: Start from TamgalyTas – Run along a dirt road in the northern direction – after 2.5km of descent from the road, then move along the hilly terrain outside the roads – the food station (there is an electronic point item) – the canyon’s beginning, general direction to the Northeast – exit from the canyon, food point, electronic marking – movement along a dirt road in the Western direction – descent from the road, run along the grassy field, overcoming the ravine, run to the north – dunes – access to the sandy road, movement to the West – food station, electronic mark, descent to the river – at the river turn to the south – traffic along the river along the dirt road – food station, electronic mark – run along the clay road along the river – the food point – continue running to Tamgaly-Tas, finish (finish at the start point, in the race camp).
> Distance 70K: Start from TamgalyTas – Run along a dirt road in the northern direction – after 2.5km of descent from the road, then move along the hilly terrain outside the roads – the food station (there is an electronic point item) – the canyon’s beginning, general direction to the Northeast – exit from the canyon, food point, electronic marking – movement along a dirt road in the Western direction – descent from the road, run along the grassy field, overcoming the ravine, run to the north – dunes – access to the sandy road, movement to the West – food station, electronic mark, descent to the river – at the river turn to the south – traffic along the river along the dirt road – food station, electronic mark – run along the clay road along the river – the food point – continue running to Tamgaly-Tas, (intermediate finish at race camp), food point, electronic mark, control of the distancecompleted, access for 70 km – run along the river along the dirt road – behind the rock tooth turn to the East, climb to the plateau – food station, electronic mark – descent to the valley of the river along the stony trail – traffic on South along the river, through the range of the ER – climbing the plateau along the rocky trail – feeding point, electronic marking – movement along the dirt road to the East – descent from the road, run to the North along the grassy field – food station, electronic mark, time control – descent along the rocky canyon – exit from the canyon, climbing the plateau along the rocky trail in the South-East direction – running on a hilly plateau, without roads, access to the dirt road – moving to the West along a dirt road, descent into the river valley – turning on South, run to the finish (finish in the start point, in the race camp).
- Competitions Program.
13:00 Bus Departure Almaty-Tamgaly Tas
12:00 Start of issue of start numbers
19:00 Closing the issue of start numbers
21:00 Home Credit Tengri Ultra 2018 Opening Ceremony
22:30 Lights out
6:00 Start for “Trail 35” and “Ultra 70” distances
7:00 – 8:00 Issuance of start numbers for 15K new comers
9:00 Start for «Sprint 15» distance
13:00 Check time for “Sprint 15” and “Trail 35” distances
14:00 “Sprint 15” and “Trail 35” Award Ceremony
18:00 Check time for “Ultra 70” distance
19:00 “Ultra 70” Award Ceremony
20:30 Bus Departure Tamgaly Tas – Almaty
- Determination of winners.
- Winners and awardees in each distance of both genders and each age group are determined by best time of the completed race. Winners are awarded with medals and certificates.
- All finishers who made it before cut off are awarded with finisher medals.
- Preliminary results will be published on Information stand in the race camp; also every runner will receive his protocol at the finish. (Printed time of each electronic mark point including finish).
- Final Protocol will be published on the official website tengriultra.kz not later May 9, 2018.
- Competitions are financed by entry fees of participants, own funds of organizers and sponsorship.
- Organizers provide (race bib package includes):
- Race preparation and necessary marking;
- Working check points through the distance;
- ER support
- electronic mark (start / finish, intermediate points), timely publication of results in race camp and on the race website
- ITRA Certification of the race
- Food stations on the distance
- Finisher medal
- awards and prizes to winners and awardees
- race number; set of pins for fastening the race number
- Reusable personal race bib(attached to the wrist, after the finish is dealt to the judges)
- Photo shoots on the distance, all recorded materials will be published on the race website
- Race registration open at website: kz since Nov 20, 2017 till April 31, 2018 both included. May 1 till May 5 registration is closed. Last day of registration is May 6, 2018 at the race camp.
- A participant is considered registered if entry fee is paid in full amount.
- The organizers reserve the right to refuse the application without explaining the reasons.
- Entry fee (per participant) for CIS citizens, KZT:
|Payment due to March 1, 2018||4 000||6 000||9 000|
|Payment due to April 30, 2018||4 000||7 000||10 000|
|Payment at the race camp||5 000||10 000||15 000|
- Entry fee (per participant) for other countries citizens, USD:
|Payment due to March 1, 2018||35||45||55|
|Payment due to April 30, 2018||35||55||65|
|Payment at the race camp||50||80||100|
- After May 1, 2018 electronic registration on the website is closed. The possibility of registering remains if there are available slots at the appropriate distance and with payment of an increased fee in the competition camp.
- In the case of cancellation of the application by March 15, 2018, the participant is refunded 50% of the fee. After March 15, 2018 the fee is not refundable. The participant can transfer the paid application to another participant in accordance with the organizers.
- In case of a change from a shorter distance, the participant must pay the difference to the cost of participation at the time of the change applied. In case of transition from a larger to a shorter distance, the participant is not refunded a difference.
- There are no residential buildings on the site of the competition; accommodation is possible only in tents.
- There are no restrictions on self-accommodation, the installation of your own tent is free of charge.
- The organizers will be given the opportunity to pre-book and pay for accommodation and meals. You can order meals with accommodation or only meals.
- The service “Accommodation” includes: a warm sleeping bag, a mat, one seat in two local tents. The order can be made on the website in the section “Services”.
Organizers contact details:
Phones: +7 705 222 40 12 (Timur Arthyukhin)
+7 777 287 09 67 (Vadim Vinokurov)