REGULATIONS OF ULTRA TRAIL
«Tengri Ultra 2021»
Goals and objectives
- Development and promotion of mass sports;
- Promotion of a healthy lifestyle;
- Increase of participants’ athletic skills;
- Domestic and international tourism development.
Public Association «Extreme Athletex»
Time and Venue:
Competitions are held on October 1-2-3, 2021 in Almaty Region, Republic of Kazakhstan.
Start and finish in the Tamgaly-Tas, Ili River Valley.
How to get to the start venue:
4.1. Almaty is the biggest and closest city with an international airport.
Shuttle is available from Almaty to venue and back. Shuttle fees are paid separately, round trip is 6000 KZT.
4.2. Shuttle schedule:
Almaty – Tamgaly-Tas
Departure from Almaty: on October 1 at 14:00 from the hotel “Astana” (the intersection of Baitursynov and Satpayev streets).
Departure from Almaty: on October 2 at 13:00 from the hotel “Astana” (the intersection of Baitursynov and Satpayev streets).
TamgalyTas – Almaty
Departure to Almaty: on October 2 at 20:00 from Tamgaly-Tas
Departure to Almaty: on October 3 at 16:00 from Tamgaly-Tas
To order and pay shuttle services procced to the race official website: tengriultra.kz
Race format (General Information)
Competitions are held in three distances (optional).
- 15 km (250 m ascent), control time 4 h.
- 35 km (650 m ascent), control time 7 h.
- 70 km (1450 m ascent), control time 12 hours.
All distances are certified by the International Trail Running Association (ITRA)
The distances are fully marked with warning tape (red and white) or other visible elements
Categories presented on Tengri Ultra 2021 race:
- «Sprint 15»
- «Trail 35»
- «Ultra 70»
- «Ultra 70 Relay»
- «Sprint 15», «Trail 35», «Ultra 70» – are the individual championship on distances 15, 35 и
- «Ultra 70 Relay» – relay race on distance 70km. Format (35 km + 35 km), the change of the participant occurs only in the transit zone after the end of the first part of the distance of 35 km. The transfer of the “baton” is obligatory. Possible composition of teams: MF, FF. (F – Female, M-Male)
5.3 Age categories.
Age categories for individual participation:
- 18 — 35
- 36 — 50
- 51 — 60
- 61 +
For «Ultra 70 Relay» there is no division by ages.
Requirements for participants:
- Participants are allowed to participate over 18 years old.
- The participant must undergo a medical examination, have no contraindications to sports, and have insurance for unseen circumstances. It is not obligatory, but recommended
- Competitions take place in a remote mountainous countryside and potentially are not safe.
- By applying for a race, participants take responsibility for their health and all possible risks associated with participating in the competition, and disclaim responsibility from the organizers in the event of physical or material damage incurred by them in the process of direct participation in the race
- Participants ensure that they are aware of their state of health, the limits of their own physical abilities and the level of their technical skills.
- Each participant, before receiving the start package, signs a liability release of race organizers application
- The list of mandatory equipment, which participant is obliged to carry with / on themselves throughout the race.
|Charged Mobile phone in waterproof cover, and saved race organizers phone numbers.||+||+|
|The stock of drinking water (or sports drink)||0,5 л||0,5 л|
|Headgear – cap, bandana or hat||+||+|
|Antifriction foot cream and sunscreen||+||+||+|
|Power (nutrition) supply (gels, bars, dried fruits)||+||+||+|
! At any point of the route, the organizers may ask for the obligatory equipment. In the absence of – penalty time 1 hour for the lack of each item from the list.
It is allowed to transfer a set of mandatory equipment from one team member to another in the Ultra 70 Relay category in the transit zone.
- A certificate from the doctor about admission to the competition is advisable, but not required.
Race profile features, food stations.
>Distance 15km: Starting from Tamgaly-Tas – moving along a dirt road to the north – after 2.5 km turn off the road, then along hilly terrain tofood station (with electronic check), turning point –moving along a dirt road to the finish (finish in the starting point in the competition camp). The actual distance is 13 km.
>Distance 35km: Starting from Tamgaly-Tas – moving along a dirt road to the north – after 2.5 km turn off the road, then along hilly terrain to food station (with electronic check), then the beginning of the canyon, the general direction to the northeast – exit from the canyon, food station, moving along a dirt road in a western direction – crossing the roads, moving along the grass pole, moving along the northern road, going north – dunes – access to the sandy road in the west – foodstation (with electroniccheck), to the river bankand moving along the river to foodstation (with electroniccheck) movement along the clay through – foodstation – continue movement to Tamgaly-Tas, finish (finish at the starting point, in the competition camp). The actual distance is 36 km.
>Distance 70km: Starting from Tamgaly-Tas – moving along a dirt road to the north – after 2.5 km turn off the road, then along hilly terrain to food station (with electronic check), then the beginning of the canyon, the general direction to the northeast – exit from the canyon, food station, moving along a dirt road in a western direction – crossing the roads, moving along the grass pole, moving along the northern road, going north – dunes – access to the sandy road in the west – foodstation (with electroniccheck), to the river bankand moving along the river to foodstation (with electroniccheck) movement along the clay through – foodstation – continue movement to Tamgaly-Tas, pass through intermediate finish, foodstation (with electroniccheck).Atthispointwouldbecutoutforparticipantswhodidnotmeettimelimit, passtocontinue– movingalongtheriverbydirtroad – a rocky tooth, turn to the East, climb to a plateau — foodstation (with electroniccheck) — descent to the river valley along a rocky path — move south along the river, through the EMERCOM polygon — climb to the plateau along a rocky path — foodstation (with electroniccheck)— move along dirt road to the East- movement to the North through a grass field – foodstation (with electroniccheck), control of time limit – descent along a rocky canyon – exit from a canyon, ascent to a plateau along a rocky trail in the Southeast direction – a hilly plateau, without roads, access to a dirt road – moving to the West along a dirt road, going down to the river valley – turning to the South, towards the finish line (finish at the starting point, in the event the camp). The actual distance is 70 km
Preliminary agenda of competition.
October 1, Friday
14:00 Shuttle departure from the city
15:00 Issuance of start numbers begins
19:00 End of Issuance of start numbers
19:10 Briefing for «Ultra 70» and «Ultra 70 Relay»
22:30 Lights out
October 2, Saturday
6:00 Start for «Ultra 70» and «Ultra 70 Relay»
12:00 Control time off to continue the race for 70k participants and to pass the baton to the second participant of 70k Relay
12:00 Issuance of start numbers for«Sprint 15» and «Trail 35» begins
13:00 Shuttle departure from the city for «Sprint 15» and «Trail 35» participants
18:00 Control time off for «Ultra 70»
19:00 End of Issuance of start numbers «Sprint 15» and «Trail 35»
19:10 Opening Ceremony Credit Tengri Ultra 2020 and Awards Ceremony for «Ultra 70» and «Ultra 70 Relay»
19:45 Briefing for«Sprint 15» and «Trail 35»
20:00 Bus Departure Tamgaly-Tas – Almaty for «Ultra 70» и «Ultra 70 Relay» (it is possible to go back next day – on Sunday)
21:00 «Shaman rite», bonfire
22:30 Lights out
October 3, Sunday
5:30 Breakfast for«Trail 35»
7:00 Start for «Trail 35»
7:00 — 8:00 Issuance of start numbers for «Sprint 15»
7:00 Breakfast for«Sprint 15»
9:00 Start for «Sprint 15»
13:00 Control time off «Sprint 15»
14:00 Control time off «Trail 35»
14:00 Awards Ceremony «Sprint 15» and «Trail 35»
16:00 End of the Competition weekend. Bus Departure Tamgaly-Tas – Almaty
In individual competition:
- Winners and prize-winners in each distance are determined by the best time for passing a distance (penalty time is consider – see Mandatory equipment list) in the categories of Men and Women in each age category, awarded with diplomas, medals, if there are sponsors, valuable prizes.
- All finishers who made it before control time offare awarded with finisher medals.
- Preliminary results will be published on the Information stand in the race Camp, as well as issued to each participant at the time of his finish (printout with finish time, intermediate cutoffs at control points).
In «Ultra 70 Relay»
- The winners are determined by the least time for passing entire 70 km distance successively by two members. At the finish of the second participant, “Relay baton” should be with the participant. The loss of the “baton” leads to the disqualification of the team.
- Awarding held separately in each category MF &FF, for the first three places. Without age categories. Teams winners are awarded diplomas, medals, in the presence of sponsors, valuable prizes.
Final Protocol will be published on the official website tengriultra.kz not later May 12, 2021
Competitions are financed by entry fees of participants, own funds of organizers and sponsorship.
Organizers provide and Participant package includes:
- preparation and track marking
- Working check points through the distance;
- Security: Emergency Response Duty
- electronic mark (start / finish, intermediate points), timely publication of results in the starting camp and on the race website
- ITRA race certification
- Food stations on the distance
- Finisher Medal
- prize attributes and prizes to winners and prize-winners
- Start number with 4 pins
- personal chip
- Registration for the competition is open on the website tengriultra.kz till 18:00 01/05/2021 inclusive;
- Participant is considered registered after the payment of the entry fee.
- The organizers reserve the right to refuse the application without giving reasons.
- Limit of participants by distance
|Sprint 15 км||Trail 35 км||Ultra 70 км||Ultra 70 км Relay|
|Maximum participant by category||800||500||200||75 teams|
Entry fee for citizens of the CIS, tenge. The team “Ultra 70 relay”, not a citizen of the CIS, the price is determined by the nationality of the team Captain:
|Sprint 15k||Trail 35k||Ultra 70k||Ultra 70k Relay|
|6 000(1-50)||9 000(1-10)||12 000
|7 000(51-200)||10 000(11-100)||14 000
|9 000(201-300)||12 000(101-150)||18 000
|11 000(301-500)||14 000(151-200)||22 000
|when paying at the race venue (subject to availability)||10 000||15 000||20 000||30 000|
Entry fee (from the participant) for citizens of other countries, $:
|15k||35k||70k||Ultra 70k Relay|
|when paying at the race venue (subject to availability)||70||110||140||220|
After 01.05.2021 electronic registration on the site is closed. The opportunity to register remains subject to availability of slots at the appropriate distance and with payment of an increased fee in the competition camp.
- In case of cancellation of the application before March 15, 2021, the participant is returned a 50% fee. After 03.15.2021 the fee is not refundable. The participant can transfer the paid application to another participant in consultation with the organizers.
- If you are migrating from smaller to larger distance participant is obliged to pay the difference to the cost of participation at the time of change of distance. In the case of transition from a larger to a smaller distance the participant does not return the difference.
- There are no buildings on the site of the competition; accommodation is possible only in tents.
- The reare no restrictions on self-accommodation, the installation of your own tent is free of charge.
- You can order services “Meals” and “Accommodation” together or separately.
- The service “Accommodation” includes: a warm sleeping bag, a mat, one place in double tents
The organizers provide the opportunity to pre-book and pay for accommodation and meals.The order could be made on the website in the section “Services.
Contact e-mail of the organizers: email@example.com